Join us Wednesday October 9th for the
Every Step Counts Walk and Roll Club
How to participate in 5 easy steps:
1. Collect pledges on the forms that were sent home. Get sponsored per lap (for example, 50¢ per lap x 20 laps = $10.00 pledge) or a flat rate pledge (for example, $15, $20, etc.)
2. Bring your pledge form to school. The walk-a-thon will take place during the school day.
3. Earn 5 additional laps toward your total by walking to school on Wednesday morning.
4. Pick up an “I walked to school today” sticker before the 8:25 am bell. Stickers must be collected in the front of the school at the table by the flagpole in order to count the extra laps.
5. Wear sneakers and have fun!
Students can walk from home or join one of two walking buses anywhere along a designated route. See the walking school bus map.
Meet at the Netcong Train Station or DiRenzo Park at 8:00am and join your friends to walk together. If you drive, you can take advantage of either of these two sites as a remote drop-off location. Meet other parents at the start points and children can walk together.
New, smooth sidewalks are in place and our crossing guards are available every day.
Attention parents and students, our crossing guards are there to help you. All students must cross the street at the crosswalk where there is a crossing guard on duty. Crossing between parked cars is dangerous, don't do it.
Bike racks are located at the back of the school by the Board of Education building. Wear a helmet, bring a lock and come around to the front of the school to pick up a celebratory backpack charm.
All funds raised will help Netcong PTA provide many exciting educational, enrichment and cultural programs, events and activities for our children.
For the list of the Walk and Roll events throughout the year, click here
October is International Walk to School Month.
Celebrate everyday by walking or bicycling to school!