Join us for the Clean Air
Walk & Roll to School
This will be the last walk & roll club event of the school year so let's make it a good one!
Remember to always turn off the car when sitting or standing at school arrival and dismissal, banks, convenience stores, driveways, and anytime you are parked.
Stop the Soot: Idling stinks and is against the law. When you turn off your engine you: stop pollution, save money and save lives.
Did you know?
- Idling for more than 3 minutes is PROHIBITED in New Jersey with very limited exceptions. Idling fines in NJ begin at $100 for passenger vehicles and $250 for commercial vehicles.
- An idling vehicle emits 20 times more pollution than one traveling at 30 miles per hour.
- Only 10 seconds of idling uses more fuel than turning the engine on and off. If you are idling, you might as well be burning dollar bills.
- Exhaust emissions worsen asthma, bronchitis, and existing allergies.
Walk on your own or join one of our 3 walking school buses. Join up at 7:50 am at the following meeting points or meet the walking "bus" along their route. See "walking school bus" tab above for a route map.
- Route 1 meets at Cross Street & Amendola
- Route 2 meets at DiRenzo Park
- Route 3 meets at Netcong Heights apartments
Thanks to all the parents and students who participated in our events through out the year. Special thanks to the walking school bus volunteers that have lead walkers through rain, cold, wind and even a few sunny days.
See you in the fall.