Stinky Sneaker Walk on
May is Physical Fitness Month. Put on your sneakers and get some exercise by walking or riding a bike to school.
Do you know?
- Children need at least 60 minutes of daily active play. They need to run, walk, bike, climb, jump, and just get up and move around, away from their desks, the television and computer games.
- Fifteen minutes of walking at a moderate pace uses about 100 calories. If you walked 15 minutes each way to and from school every day for a week, you would use an extra 1000 calories.
Walk on your own or join one of our 3 walking school buses. Join up at 7:50 am at the following meeting points or meet the walking "bus" along their route. See "walking school bus" tab above for a route map.
- Route 1 meets at Cross Street & Amendola
- Route 2 meets at DiRenzo Park
- Route 3 meets at Netcong Heights apartments