Use your Brain
Walk and Roll club event on Wednesday November 17th
Protecting your brain while bicycling, skating, scootering or skateboarding is easy . . . always wear a helmet and make sure it is fastened correctly. Broken bones can heal, broken brains do not.
Youth bike helmets donated by Northern NJ SafeKids will be raffled off. Come early to enter to win.
This month we will be collecting donations of food to give to local food pantries. Wish list of food items: Canned vegetables; peanut butter; jelly; macaroni & cheese; 100% fruit juice boxes; cereal bars; instant breakfast drink mix; tuna fish; fruit cups; canned soups; applesauce; etc.
Bring your Walk & Roll Club card or pick one up in front of the school on Wednesday morning. Those who joined our previous monthly walks received backpack charms. Join us in November for a new charm to add to your collection.
Walk on your own or join one of our 3 walking school buses. Join up at 7:50 am at the following meeting points or meet the walking "bus" along their route. See "walking school bus" tab above for a route map.
- Route 1 meets at Cross Street & Amendola
- Route 2 meets at DiRenzo Park
- Route 3 meets at Netcong Heights apartments
How a helmet should fit:
1) The helmet should fit directly over the forehead, two fingers above the eyebrows.
2) Tighten the chinstrap to keep the helmet from slipping forward or backward. Only two fingers should fit under the chinstrap.
3) The straps of the helmet should form a “V” under your ears when buckled.
Special thanks to KJ Fuery at Northern NJ SafeKids and the Budd Lake FedEx for making our October walk to school celebration such a success!
Remember to Dine out at Rose's Place on Friday November 19th. Roses will donate 10% of proceeds to Netcong School. Join us for a night of good neighbors and GREAT food.