- Walking or bicycling instead of driving a car
- Turning off the car when sitting or standing at school arrival and dismissal, banks, convenience stores, driveways, and anytime you are parked.
*with very limited exceptions
Students who walk or bike will receive a backpack charm.
Did you know?
- Idling fines in NJ begin at $100 for passenger vehicles and $250 for commercial vehicles.
- An idling vehicle emits 20 times more pollution than one traveling at 30 miles per hour.
- Only 10 seconds of idling uses more fuel than turning the engine on and off. If you are idling, you might as well be burning dollar bills.
- Exhaust emissions worsen asthma, bronchitis, and existing allergies.